Cog Collective Summer Picnic - Saturday August 8th

Talk about what's happening in the Iron Kingdoms
Sammy

Cog Collective Summer Picnic - Saturday August 8th

Post by Sammy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

The summer picnic is less than two weeks away, mark August 8th on your calendar and come hang out and BBQ! Friends and family are welcome, all details are below. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Picnic Details:

When: Saturday, August 8th 11AM-5PM
Where: Laurelhurst Park, Site C

This picnic will be the culmination of the summer painting challenge. Please bring your finished painting projects for final judging and prizes. We will also have a lunch BBQ, some warmachine tables for those interested in an outdoor game, and general lawn games.

The official BBQ will be from 12-2PM, but as long as there's food and someone to grill it we'll keep the party rolling. This will be a potluck event, please bring an appropriate dish to share. I'm not going to micro manage food sign-ups, but please don't bring a single fun sized bag of chips and plan on eating 12 hamburgers (this breaks the potluck social contract).

On Alcohol:
The park permit allows for personal BYOB bottled and canned beer and wine. This means that individuals can bring their own beverages and consume them. We cannot bring kegs, liquor, or serve and sell beverages in any capacity. So grab a six pack or a case of something moderately priced and let's have fun! Please be adults and make appropriate driving plans if you plan to consume alcohol at the event. Each individual is responsible for themselves.

Recommended Potluck Food/Items to bring:
Hamburger Patties
Hotdogs
Buns (Hamburger/Hotdog)
Napkins/paper towels
Corn on the Cob
Side Dishes
Chips
Condiments (Ketchup, Mayo, Relish, Mustard, Salt, Pepper, Butter)
Water
Soda
Large Garbage Bag
Coolers
Ice
Picnic Blankets
Lawn Chairs
Sunscreen
Hats
Lawn Games (Note - we cannot put any stakes into the ground or tie to trees, so no volleyball nets)

If you know you're going to bring a specific item and want to let everyone know, please respond on this thread so we can track it. I will be following up with individuals for specific items that we'll need (grills, wargaming tabletops, etc). If anyone has any questions about the event feel free to PM.

Park Address:
3756 SE Oak St, Portland, OR 97214

Here is a link to a map of the park with site:
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/parks/article/286479

jesselowe

Re: Cog Collective Summer Picnic - Saturday August 8th

Post by jesselowe » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 am

I'll bring a couple pounds of sausages and weenies, plus buns.

Baelspar

Post by Baelspar » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:35 am

I'll be bringing some potato salad.
The Press Ganger's Call - My blog outlining my adventures in the world of Mercenaries, well just playing the game. Updated - 8/20/2015

Sammy

Post by Sammy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:15 pm

I'll get a Costco pack of hamburgers and buns, and bring whole corn. If people are looking for ideas on food and things to bring, see the above recommendations list, but here's a priority list:

Paper plates
Napkins/Paper Towels
Burgers/Hotdogs (and buns)
Burger Fixings (Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese Slices, etc)
Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, butter)
Beverages
Chips